TRADE STANDS 2018 INFORMATION
SKELTON HORTICULTURAL AND SKELTON HORTICULTURAL AND AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY
Notice to Trade Stand Exhibitors (October 2016)
The Society intends to provide a safe and healthy environment for all people attending or working at the Show. In order to achieve this it requires all exhibitors to be responsible for their own fire, safety and environmental health precautions. A generic risk assessment is attached which you must comply with. Please also bring to the show duly completed the specific risk assessment form on which you must identify and explain how you will manage any specific risks applicable to your exhibit. Please also provide details of your public liability insurance policy. Both may be inspected.
So that visitors to the show can enjoy maximum benefit from all the day has to offer:
DUTCH AUCTIONS OR LOUD HAULIERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
ALL STANDS MUST BE OPERATIONAL BY 9.30am & REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 4.30pm.
MAXIMUM USE MUST BE MADE OF THE HARD-CORE ROADS WHICH ARE PROVIDED TO MINIMISE DAMAGE TO THE SHOW FIELD. IN THE EVENT OF POOR CONDITIONS THE COMMITTEE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADMISSION TO HEAVY VEHICLES.
EXHIBITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INSURANCE AND MUST PROVIDE SUFFICENT PUBLIC LIABILITY COVER FOR ANY EVENTUALITY.
Compliance with the Rules of the Society, all H.S.E Guidelines, Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes is essential. In addition the Society require that:
• EXHIBITORS COMPLY WITH THE CDM CONSTRUCTION PHASE PLAN AND SITE RULES CONTAINED AT THE BOTTOM OF ‘ABOUT US’ PAGE OF OUR WEBSITE www.skeltonshow.com
• ADEQUATE FIRE EXTINGUISHING APPLIANCES SUITABLE FOR THE STAND MUST BE PROVIDED BY THE EXHIBITOR.
• EXHIBITORS MUST COMPLY WITH HSE GUIDANCE NOTE CS4 AND CofP 7 RELATING TO LPG CYLINDERS. ONLY SUFFICIENT GAS FOR SHOW DAY USE SHOULD BE PROVIDED.
• ALL ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS SHOULD BE MADE TO IEE WIRING REGS
• ALL PORTABLE GENERATORS, POWER EQUIPMENT AND CABLES MUST BE PROTECTED BY 2m EARTHING RODS AND RESIDUAL CURRENT DEVICES SET AT NOT MORE THAN 30MA SENSITIVITY. TRAILING CABLES SHOULD BE PROTECTED BY BURYING OR PLACING IN ‘CABLE PROTECTORS’ AND CONNECTIONS COMPLY WITH ‘IEE’ WIRING REGULATIONS
• ALL CABLES AND SOCKETS MUST BE ADEQUATELY GLANDED FOR USE.
• THE USE OF POWER WASHERS MUST BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH HSE GUIDANCE NOTE PM 29.
• ALL OPERATING MACHINERY MUST BE PROPERLY GUARDED AND EXHIBITED IN ACCORDANCE WITH HSE SIM 1/2001/04.
• CHEMICALS AND SUBSTANCES WHICH MAY BE HAZARDOUS MUST BE DISPLAYED ONLY BY MEANS OF EMPTY AND CLEAN CONTAINERS.
• THE USE OF ATV OR TWO WHEEL MOTORCYCLES IS NOT PERMITTED WITHOUT THE SOCIETIES AUTHORISATION.
• ALL INFLATABLE STRUCTURES MUST BE THOROUGHLY SECURED -See HSE Information Sheet 7
• ALL WORK MUST BE CARRIED OUT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LIFTING OPERATIONS AND LIFTING EQUIPMENT REGULATIONS 1998.
• MACHINERY OR EQUIPMENT USED PRIOR TO, DURING AND AFTER THE SHOW MUST ONLY BE OPERATED BY EXPERIENCED PEOPLE OVER THE AGE OF 16 AND WEARING THE CORRECT PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT.
• PITCHES CAN BE MOWN BUT EXHIBITORS MUST RAKE UP AND REMOVE GRASS CLIPPINGS
The following showday passes will be issued – note that a vehicle pass covers all people in that vehicle - Additional pedestrian passes for access from public car parks may be purchased at £10 each
FRONTAGE (m) <5m 5m-9m 10m-14m 15m-20m >20m
No. of vehicle passes – Main gate 1 2 2 3 4
No. of Pedestrian wristbands - Car park 0 1 2 3 4
The Society reserves the right to inspect exhibitor's stands, machinery and
displays to ensure compliance with the above requirements.
Sponsorship would be much appreciated at any amount over £30. For those wishing to sponsor individual classes the rates range from £35 to £75. For further details call Julian Hall on
07415 509778 or email Julian.Hall@skeltonshow.com
Thank you in anticipation of your continued support.